Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support is the system under which councils give discounts on Council Tax bills to help people who have a low income. It used to be called Council Tax Benefit.

If you are working age and liable to pay Council Tax, you or your partner may be entitled to receive at least 20% support on your Council Tax bill. This will mean that no one will get 100% discount on their Council Tax bill.

Your benefit will be calculated based on the following:

  • your capital, including any savings
  • your income
  • the amount of Council Tax or rent you pay
  • your family circumstances

Even if your income is high, if you share a house with other adults (except for a partner) who have low incomes, you may be able to claim Council Tax Second Adult Rebate.

Many people lose benefit because they delay making a claim - benefits normally cannot be backdated.

Apply for Council Tax Support using our online e-claim form 

For residents suffering from extreme, short-term financial hardship we may be able to offer limited short-term help through our Exceptional Hardship Fund.

You can apply for this after you have received your bill by e-mailing or writing to Vic Allison, Deputy Managing Director, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT and providing a brief description of your short-term hardship.  We may ask you to fill out a form and provide supporting evidence of your hardship.

If you have any questions or need guidance on anything related to Council Tax, contact our benefits team.

Log in to your Self Service account to view your claim.