Council Tax Support
If you are on a low income, we may be able to provide you with a discount on your Council Tax bill.
- What is Council Tax Support?
- Am I eligible?
- How to apply
- Application support
- View your existing claim
Council Tax Support formally know as Council Tax Benefit, is a system which allows councils to give discounts on Council Tax bills to help people who have a low income. Unlike Housing Benefit payments, Council Tax Support normally cannot be backdated.
If you or your partner are working age and liable to pay Council Tax, you may be able entitled to receive a discount of up to 100% on your Council Tax bill.
Your benefit will be calculated based on the following:
- your capital, including any savings
- your income
- the amount of Council Tax or rent you pay
- your family circumstances
Complete the online claim form
Once you have completed the form you will see an evidence checklist, which lists the documents that you need to provide in order for us to assess your claim.
- You can e-mail the evidence required to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your claim number in the subject heading, or you can hand in your documents at any of our contact centres in Droitwich, Evesham or Pershore.
- You will receive a notification to tell you that we have received your application.
Our Contact Centres will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim. Additional computers will be provided in our centres for people to make claims and staff will provide face-to-face help.
Wychavon District Council
Pershore Civic Centre - The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT
Evesham Contact Centre - Evesham Community Contact Centre, Evesham Library, Oat Street, Evesham, WR11 4PJ
Droitwich Contact Centre - Droitwich Spa Library, Victoria Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8DQ
Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF
Worcester City Council
The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PB
For residents suffering from extreme, short-term financial hardship we may be able to offer limited short-term help through our Exceptional Hardship Fund.
You can apply for this after you have received your bill by e-mailing email@example.com or writing to Vic Allison, Deputy Managing Director, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT and providing a brief description of your short-term hardship. We may ask you to fill out a form and provide supporting evidence of your hardship.
If you have any questions or need guidance on anything related to Council Tax, contact our benefits team.
- Housing Benefit information
- Read further information on our Benefits Advice page
- Read our summary of the Council Tax Support scheme
- Apply for a Second Adult Rebate (see discounts and exemptions)
Login into your Self Serve account to view your claim.