Vote for your favourite park
Help your favourite Wychavon park win a People's Choice Award - an internationally recognised award for quality and good management. We're competing with parks across the planet so we need your support, every vote counts. Voting closes on 14 November 2021.
Wychavon is responsible for the parks and open spaces in the Evesham, Pershore and Droitwich areas, including two designated Nature Reserves (one of which is in Broadway). Some other sites are managed with wildlife needs very much in mind and these are noted as Nature Areas.
Use the links below to find the information you need:
- Droitwich Spa
- Play Areas in villages
- Skate Parks
- Water Play Fountains
- Park and open space hire
- Tree management strategy
- Lido Park / St Peters Fields
- Steynors Avenue open space
- Mayflower open space
- Abbey Park, Evesham WR11 4ST
- Crown Meadow, Evesham
- Cotswold Rise open space
- Charity Brook Park, WR11 1YZ
- Jubilee Gardens WR11 3DB
- Woodlands Estate
- Tibberton - Hawthorn Rise
- Droitwich - King George playing fields (behind leisure centre)
- Evesham - Abbey Park, Evesham WR11 4ST
- Pershore – Abbey Park, Pershore WR10 1JP
All opening times are 10:00 am - 6:00 pm 7 days a week.
Set in an attractive area with seats and rubber safety surfacing, water from the mains supply is pumped through underground pipes and sent upwards in a variety of feature fountains and sprays which are great fun to use to cool down on a hot day.
Children or adults can operate the fountains by standing on pressure pads set within the floor surface.
The whole system is operated by automatic electronic control which turns the water on at 10am and off at 6pm each day.
There are no changing rooms on site, so please bring plenty of towels and a change of clothes with you, just as you would for a trip to the beach. Young babies will need waterproof pants over their nappies, and please wear flat shoes in the area so the surface is not damaged.
The water fountains are great fun for all ages and abilities with easy access for wheelchairs. Come along and enjoy the sensation!
- Abbey Park, Evesham WR11 4ST
- Crown Meadow, Evesham
- Corporation Meadow, Evesham
- Waterside Gardens, Evesham
- Workman Gardens, Evesham
- Droitwich Spa Lido Park WR9 8AA
- Vines Park, Droitwich Spa
How to get the lifebuoy out of the casing
- Pull and turn the toggle type fixing at the bottom of the case
- Lift the front cover up
- The lifebuoy and rope should be inside.
Lifebuoys are checked once a day.
Any found to be damaged or missing please let us know as soon as possible by calling 01386 565000.
The parks, gardens and open spaces are used to host a variety of events throughout the summer months. From brass band concerts, charity events and carnivals to the biggest angling festival in the country.
If you would like to hold an event in one of our parks or open spaces please fill in the events enquiry form.
We will then review your request and get back to you.
We will need at least 28 days notice before the date of your event and the following:
- Full event details
- Detailed risk assessments
- Public liability insurance documents
- Site plans
- Completed event application
For a list of open spaces in the area, please see Open Spaces.
Public camping is not allowed in any of our parks and open spaces. Occasionally camping for people attending a particular event is allowed, but this needs to be requested and approved through the events booking system.
Responsible behaviour in parks, open spaces and nature reserves
- Please keep dogs under control and clear up after them using the bins provided
- Use the litter and the recycling bins provided
- Respect the trees, grass and planting and do not cause them any damage
- Do not obstruct, disturb or annoy any other person using the area
- Do not erect any tent, booth, stand, building or other structure
- Do not enter or allow your dog to enter any ornamental lake, pond or stream or other water area
- Do not pollute any water areas of any sort
- Use of drones to fly over any Wychavon District Council land is not permitted
- Barbeques (inc small portable trays) - see below*
- Motor cycling
- Horse riding
- Metal detectors are not permitted in any of our parks or open spaces
*Please note - we do not allow barbeques, including the small portable trays, to be used in our parks and open spaces as experience has shown that they can cause expensive and unsightly damage to park furniture and/or the grass. Also there is a danger of vegetation fires and the associated left-over food and waste is a potential hazard. We ask for your co-operation in this matter.
Provide comments on our parks or open spaces to Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions.
Public Spaces Protection Order (“PSPO”) across the Council’s riverside parks in Evesham
Following consultation, Wychavon District Council, in exercise of its powers under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, made a Public Spaces Protection Order (“PSPO”) prohibiting urination and defecation and restricting the consumption and carrying of alcohol across Workman Gardens, Waterside Gardens, Abbey Park, Crown Meadow, Viaduct Meadow and Corporation Meadow in Evesham. Any person who fails to comply with the Order without reasonable excuse may commit an offence and be liable to prosecution.
A copy of the Order can be found below along with copies of the plans showing the land subject to the Order and a summary of the consultation undertaken by the Council.
Contact the Parks Team
Wychavon District Council
Telephone 01386 565000 - between 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday