From 1 April 2018 dispensation charges are £5.00, per vehicle, per day. Charging starts from the first day of the dispensation.
Parking dispensations enable business vehicles to park on areas which have enforceable traffic regulations having firstly received authorisation to do so. These allow them to undertake work where they need to have their vehicles close to assist with the work. This is normally due to a need to have regular access to the vehicle for materials or equipment which would be impractical if they were parked elsewhere.
A parking dispensation is only issued when the individual or company has satisfactorily explained the need to be parked at the location also the duration that the vehicle is to be parked in a restricted area. Reasons for the issue of a parking dispensation may include emergency works, building works and essential renovations where it is necessary to have the vehicle close to the location.
Conditions of use
Failure to comply with these conditions will lead to the withdrawal of the dispensation.
- The dispensation has been issued to the vehicle(s) as it is essential for the vehicle(s) to be in this location for work purposes. The dispensation is only for the period and purposes shown.
- Materials or goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle); nor shall they be passed across any part of the footway or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety of pedestrians and/or other vehicles.
- The dispensation does not permit general parking at the location stated. The driver must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished.
- The applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a Police Officer, Civil Enforcement Officer or Council Official authorised by the council.
- The applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/or adjacent premises.
- If the dispensation has been amended or tampered with the dispensation will be void and withdrawn. Further dispensations may not be issued.
If you wish to apply for a parking dispensation, you can complete the online form by clicking here. You must give at least 48 hours notice when completing the form. Once the form has been completed a member of Parking Services will contact you to confirm the dispensation and take payment.
If you wish to speak to a member of the team before you submit the form you can contact Parking Services either by telephone or e-mail. Details are below.
Telephone: 01386 565009, between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Dispensations can be e-mailed by request.
The Civil Enforcement Officers will be advised of all dispensations in their patrol area. Please be aware that Civil Enforcement Officers will conduct frequent inspections to ensure that the dispensation is necessary. In the event that the dispensation is being misused, it will be cancelled immediately. The vehicle must not be causing an obstruction at any time.
We will hold, process and store your information in accordance with Data Protection Law. For more information please see our Privacy Notice.