Suspension of bulky waste service

We have suspended our bulky waste service until further notice. This is because of the impact of Covid-19 self-isolation requirements and a national shortage of HGV drivers. This decision will allow us to prioritise protecting household waste and recycling collections. We will keep the situation under constant review and hope to restart this service as soon as possible.

Below are other ways to dispose of bulky items you no longer want.

Donate to reuse charities

If items are in good condition then please donate them to a local charity or reuse organisation.

Use the Charity Retail Association website to find a charity shop near you.

You can also download a list of reuse organisations from

Give items away free online by posting on social media pages or sites like

Household Waste and Recycling Centres

Worcestershire's Household Recycling Centres accept a wide variety of items.

Find your local Household Recycling Centre.

Skip hire and house clearance companies

You have a legal responsibility to make sure your waste is disposed of properly. If you give your waste to someone and they then illegally dump it, you can be fined or taken to court as well as those responsible.

When using skip hire or house clearance companies follow the S.C.R.A.P code to keep yourself safe from prosecution and to help prevent fly-tipping.

  • S - Suspect all waste carriers. Do not let them take your waste until they have proven themselves to be legitimate. A professional waste carrier should happily answer reasonable questions. 
  • C - Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environment Agency's website.
  • R - Refuse any unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away. If you suspect that someone who you have spoken to will be disposing of waste illegally, report them to the Environment Agency.
  • A - Ask what will happen to your rubbish and seek evidence that it is going to be disposed of appropriately. 
  • P - Paperwork must be obtained. Always get a proper invoice, waste transfer note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the waste carrier’s contact details.