Take the Intelligently Green Challenge and pledge to make practical changes to cut your carbon footprint
We are committed to playing our part in supporting national and international efforts to reduce carbon emissions to help tackle climate change.
Our ambitious new carbon reduction plan - which we call Intelligently Green Plan - builds on our strong track record of tackling climate change over more than a decade.
The plan covers the next ten years. It focuses on two types of carbon emissions. Firstly, the emissions we generate from the way we deliver services and run the council. Secondly, emissions generated across the Wychavon district by residents, businesses and travel that we can influence.
The plan contains four priorities - energy, low carbon travel, natural environment and, policy and resources. For each priority we will highlight some of the things we have done over the last decade to reduce carbon emissions and set out what action we will take to further reduce emissions during the coming decade.
Several targets are included in the plan:
- Reduce Wychavon's own carbon emissions by 75% by 2030 from 3,066 tonnes to 767 tonnes
- Halve the district's carbon emissions by 2030 and get to net zero by 2050 at the latest
- Double the size of Wychavon's low carbon economy by 2030
- Triple renewable energy generation across the district by 2030
- Capture at least 500 tonnes of co2 every year by 2025 through restoring, enhancing and creating a range of habitats across the district
Other useful documents
For more information please contact
Carbon Reduction Project Officer
Malvern and Wychavon District Councils
Tel: 01684 862198