The Licensing Act 2003 affects anyone who is concerned with:-

  • pubs and nightclubs
  • indoor sporting events
  • off-licences
  • restaurants that serve alcohol
  • businesses offering hot food between 11 pm and 5 am
  • hotels, guest houses and other places that sell alcohol
  • private members' clubs and social clubs
  • theatres and amateur dramatic groups
  • cinemas
  • organisers of occasional entertainment events - "temporary events"

Read the pdf Licensing Policy (645 KB) document.

The links below have more information on what you need to know: