Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

Family entertainment centre permits

Gambling laws say that those who want to use a premises wholly or mainly for making gaming machines available for use - such as small arcades in holiday parks, theme parks and seaside resorts - can do so if they are granted a family entertainment centre (FEC) gaming machine permit.

This type of permit cannot be issued to vessels or vehicles.

However, those FECs who do not hold a gambling premises licence will only be able to offer category D machines only under this permit.

If the operator of a FEC wants to make category C machines available, in addition to category D machines, then they will need to apply for an operating licence from the Gambling Commission and then a gambling premises licence from us.

Therefore holders of premises licence cannot apply for a FEC gaming machine permit for the same premises.


Applications should be completed and returned to us with the relevant fee to: Licensing, Wychavon District Council, The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT

document Download the unlicensed family entertainment centre application form (49 KB)

The fees we currently charge under the Gambling Act 2005 can be found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page.

Wychavon 50th anniversary logo