Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

New premises licence applications

A premises licence allows a premises to be used for one or more licensable activities.

The Licensing Act 2003 says that the following are licensable activities:

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The provision of regulated entertainment
  • The provision of late night refreshment

Find out more information on premises licences.

Applying for a premises licence

Read the detailed pdf Home Office application guidance (57 KB)  notes on how to apply for a premises licence.

Individuals applying for the grant of a premises licences have to submit documentation with their application to demonstrate they have permission to be in the UK and are entitled to undertake work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity.

Applicants may provide clear photocopies or scanned copies of documents, which can either be in black and white or colour, and do not need to be endorsed as a copy of the original. Applicants should not submit original documents.

Review the  pdf document displaying list of acceptable documentation to show entitlement to work (116 KB)

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offers a pre-application assistance service.

Apply Online

Apply by post

If you are applying by post you will need to send your application to us at:

Licensing, Wychavon District Council, The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT

You can download an application form for a premises licence here:

Copies of your application will also need to be sent to all of the responsible authorities, whose contact details can be found here:

If you want permission to use the premises for the sale of alcohol, you will need to name in the application a person who will act as designated premises supervisor (DPS). This person must agree to being nominated as the DPS by completing this form:

A template for the public notice that needs to be displayed at the premises and published in a local newspaper, circular or similar document can be downloaded below. Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on light blue paper.

A table of the fees that must be paid for applications made under the Licensing Act 2003 can found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page.

You can find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or other persons, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.

If there is a representation from a responsible authority other person then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.

Wychavon 50th anniversary logo