Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

Street Trading

General Information

Street trading is the selling of goods or food in any street. The term street includes any road, footway or other area to which the public have access without payment (this can include private land).

Typical examples of street trading that goes on in the area include selling hot food from vans parked in lay-bys or on industrial estates and selling ice cream from a mobile van.

We recognise that street trading can provide a useful service to people who live in or visit the District. Before you can trade in the street in our area you must get a street trading consent issued by us. If a person trades without a consent then they are committing an offence and can be fined up to £1000.

We have adopted a policy on street trading, which gives guidance to applicants, officers and councillors on the principles that we will apply when deciding whether or not to grant consent for street trading.

Apply by post

The completed application form and required supporting documents should be sent to: Licensing, Wychavon District Council, The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT

The application form is contained in the policy statement:  document Read Street Trading Policy Statement (312 KB)

The current fee to apply for street trading consents can be found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page.

Will I automatically receive consent?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application properly before it can be granted. This includes a consultation process where interested parties will be told of your application in order for them to consider its impact. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please get in touch.

Wychavon 50th anniversary logo