The Financial Services team works hard to provide you with the information you need about how the council is run and how we spend council tax-payers' money to provide the services you want.
Audit of Accounts
Financial year 2020/21
Wychavon District Council
EXTERNAL AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS: YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2021
Publication of Wychavon District Council’s Statement of Accounts and Audit Opinion
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 – Regulation 10
As Amended By
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2021
The audit of the draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 for Wychavon District Council has not yet been completed by the external auditors, Ernst and Young LLP. The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2021 require that the audited accounts and opinion is published by 30 September 2021.
The delay has arisen due to a combination of factors, comprising the following:
- the impact of Covid-19 on both the complexity of the audit and pace at which it can be completed; and
- the increased assurance work that auditors are required to carry out nationally with respect to key risk areas such as pensions and asset valuations, as well as value for money work under the new National Audit Office Code.
The audit and issue of the audit opinion is expected to conclude during December 2021 after which the statement of accounts and audit opinion will be published as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Therefore, this notice of delayed audit is being published in accordance with Regulation 10, paragraph (2a) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
Wychavon District Council’s Audit Committee, on 17 September 2021, was formally advised of this matter. The latest draft Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 is available below. The Council will publish a final set of accounts as soon as the audit is concluded, the accounts have been formally approved and the Audit Report issued.
Statement of Accounts 2019 - 2020
2021-2022 Budget book
- pdf Read Capital Strategy (opens in new window) (101 KB)
- pdf Read Treasury Management Strategy for 2019-20 (opens in new window) (375 KB)
- Creditors Payments (Over £500)
- pdf View Corporate Risk Register (opens in new window) (264 KB)
- pdf Read more about Innovation in finance submission (opens in new window) (2.19 MB) - We tell our compelling story of a small council with big ambitions and what our Grow, Save, Charge Business Plan means for our communities.
For further information on Financial Services please contact:
Head of Financial Services
Wychavon District Council
Telephone: 01386 565501
Queen Elizabeth Drive,
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tel: 01386 565000
Fax: 01386 561092