The Freedom of Information Act (2000) provides public access to information held by public bodies.
Who can make a request?
Everyone has the right to request information held by a public authority. You do not need to give a reason for requesting information. In most cases, we will release the information within 20 working days, unless it is ‘exempt’ under one of the exemptions of the Act. We may also charge for some information we provide but will notify you if this is the case.
Where to find the information
The Council publishes a wide range of information.
Before making a request, please read our Publication Scheme. This sets out how you can obtain the information and if there is a charge for it.
- Adult and Children Social Care
- Highways and pavements
- Schools and education
If your request relates to:
- Business Rates: check information on our Business Rates page before making a request.
- Public Funerals: check our Public Health Funerals page before making a request.
- Licensing e.g. taxi licences, premises licensing. Please visit Worcestershire Regulatory Services.
If your request relates to regularly updated information, then it may not be provided in line with Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act, as it is information that we hold with the intention of publishing at a future date.
How to request information
If you still cannot find the information you require, then please contact us by letter or email.
Your request must include:
- Your name
- The address or email address to which you wish the information to be sent
- An outline of the information you would like. Give as much detail as possible, including dates, otherwise we may need to contact you again for clarification
Freedom of Information
Wychavon District Council
Queen Elizabeth Drive
How do I appeal?
Your complaint will be reviewed internally. If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review of your request, you can appeal to the Information Commissioners Office.
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone 01625 545745
Further details about the Freedom of Information Act can be found on the Information Commissioners Office website.