We report on our performance four times a year through our Signals of Success reports. These reports summarise our progress against the annual promises in our pdf four-year strategy (3.47 MB) , our key success measures and the actions in other corporate action plans. The reports also highlight other achievements and challenges. We also use service based measures to help us manage the effectiveness and efficiency of our services.
Signals of success performance reports
Quarter one (April – June)
- pdf Q1 Signals of success report (449 KB)
- pdf Q1 Promises performance (97 KB)
- pdf Q1 Corporate measures performance (262 KB)
- pdf Q1 Service measures performance (351 KB)
- pdf Q1 Partner performance (199 KB)
Quarter two (July – September)
- pdf Q2 Signals of success report (972 KB)
- pdf Q2 Promises performance (94 KB)
- pdf Q2 Corporate measures performance (230 KB)
- pdf Q2 Service measures performance (371 KB)
- pdf Q2 Partner performance (171 KB)
Quarter three (October – December)
- pdf Q3 Signals of success report (409 KB)
- pdf Q3 Promises performance (91 KB)
- pdf Q3 Corporate measures performance (234 KB)
- pdf Q3 Service measures performance (375 KB)
- pdf Q3 Partner performance (187 KB)
Quarter four/end of year (January – March)
- pdf Q4 Signals of success report (422 KB)
- pdf Q4 Promises performance (112 KB)
- pdf Q4 Corporate measures performance (243 KB)
- pdf Q4 Service measures performance (341 KB)
- pdf Q4 Partner performance (194 KB)
Corporate Peer Challenge 2018
In March 2018 we welcomed nine visitors from the Local Government Association and from other councils across the country as we took part in a Corporate Peer Challenge for both Wychavon and Malvern Hills councils.
This was a critical but friendly look at both organisations to understand how we are performing and to receive independent recommendations on areas for consideration or improvement. During the visit the team spoke to around 150 people including managers, staff, councillors, businesses and external stakeholders. They gathered information and views from around 50+ meetings along with additional research and reading.
You can read our pdf feedback report (209 KB) from the peer team. It contains ten recommendations for both councils and two specific to Wychavon. We are currently developing an action plan in response to the feedback.
You can read the position statement we prepared for our peer team prior to their visit. This outlines the context for our councils, key drivers, issues and challenges.
- pdf Corporate Peer Challenge 2018 position statement (2.66 MB)
- pdf Corporate Peer Challenge feedback report - Wychavon District Council (209 KB)
Visit our Finance and procurement page, for the 2018 - 2019 Statement of Accounts and any other financial publications.
For more information contact
Strategy and Performance Manager
Tel: 01386 565508 between 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday