Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan 'Made' (Adopted) - 26 July 2017
At its Council meeting on 26 July 2017, Wychavon District Council 'made' (adopted) the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan; it now forms part of the Development Plan for Wychavon District. The adopted Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan and Decision Document can be viewed using the links below:
Alternatively hard copies of the above documents can be viewed at the following locations:
- Wychavon District Council, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, WR10 1PT (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Pershore Library, Church Street, Pershore, WR10 1DT (Monday and Wednesday-Friday 9am-5.30pm, Tuesday 9am-7pm and Saturday 9am-5pm)
- Tewkesbury Borough Council, Council Offices, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT (Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-4pm)
Successful Referendum - 8 June 2017
A Referendum on the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 8 June 2017. There was a 71% turnout, with 90% voting in favour of Wychavon using the Neighbourhood Plan for Bredon Parish to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area.
- Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan, Referendum Version
- Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan Referendum - Declaration of Result of Poll
Decision Statement Published - 20 March 2017
Following the examination of the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan over the winter, the Independent Examiner's recommended modifications have been agreed as detailed in the Decision Statement.
A Referendum was be held on Thursday 8 June 2017 and asked voters "Do you want Wychavon District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Bredon Parish to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?"
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement and Referendum:
- Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement
- Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan, Referendum Version
- Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Information Statement
Examiner's Report Received - 20 January 2017
Wychavon District Council appointed Mr Andrew Ashcroft as independent examiner of the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan. He conducted the examination through consideration of written representations.
The examiner's report has now been received and concludes that the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan, subject to the recommended modifications, meets the Basic Conditions and can proceed to referendum.
Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 4 July to 15 August 2016
Under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Bredon Parish Council submitted its Neighbourhood Plan to Wychavon District Council. In accordance with Regulation 16, a six week public consultation ran from Monday 4 July until Monday 15 August 2016 during which interested parties were invited to make comments on the Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan. Please note that the initial consultation that was due to run from Monday 6 June until Monday 18 July 2016 did not fully conform with the Regulations, so the consultation was restarted to ensure that the Basic Conditions are met, however all comments made to the initial consultation were carried forward.
To view the submitted Bredon Parish Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents, please follow the links below:
To view the list of respondents to the Regulation 16 consultation and their comments, please follow the links below:
• 2 Jane Hennell, The Canal & River Trust
• 3 Robert Deanwood, Amec Foster Wheeler, on behalf of National Grid
• 4 Chris Bate, Highways England
• 5 Andrew Lord, Cotswolds Conservation Board
• 6 Marine Management Organisation
• 7 Dr. Robert William Vernon
• 8 Tom Amos, Natural England
• 9 Paul F Whitehead
• 10 Barbara Morgan, Network Rail
• 11 Louise Gerber, Eckington Parish Council
• 12 Peter Boland, Historic England
• 13 Robert Niblett, Gloucestershire County Council
• 14 Mr Brian Walker
• 15 Mrs Veronica Bridge
• 16 William Dyer
• 17 Wychavon District Council
• 18 Natasha Friend, Worcestershire County Council
• 19 Mr & Mrs William Cook
• 20 Mark Chadwick, Hunter Page Planning, on behalf of John, Peter and Samantha Mitchell
• 21 Julie Branfield, Carver Knowles, on behalf of PM & A Meadows
• 22 Ian Gillespie, Carter Jonas LLP, on behalf of the Croome Estates Trustees and Mactaggart and Mickel
• 23 Tim Watton, RPS Group, on behalf of Barratt West
Second Draft Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 6 March to 17 April 2016
In accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Bredon Parish Council consulted upon a second draft Neighbourhood Plan from Sunday 6 March until Sunday 17 April 2016. To view this document, please follow the link below:
Draft Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 23 October to 31 December 2015
In accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Bredon Parish Council consulted upon their draft Neighbourhood Plan from Friday 23 October until Thursday 31 December 2015. To view this document, please follow the link below:
Neighbourhood Area Application - Approved 17 March 2015
Wychavon District Council received an application for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area by Bredon, Bredon's Norton and Westmancote Parish Council on Thursday 4 December 2014. The six week consultation ran from Friday 9 January until Friday 20 February 2015, and no objections were raised on the proposed neighbourhood area boundary. The Neighbourhood Area was subsequently approved by Executive Board on 17 March 2015.
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Bredon, Bredon's Norton and Westmancote Neighbourhood Area application:
• Bredon, Bredon's Norton and Westmancote Parish Council's Neighbourhood Area Designation Application Letter
• Bredon, Bredon's Norton and Westmancote Parish Council's Neighbourhood Area Designation Application Map
• Report to consider the consultation responses to the Bredon, Bredon's Norton and Westmancote Neighbourhood Area Designation Consultation and Appendix