Decision Statement Published and Referendum Date Set for 15th September 2022
Following the examination of the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan earlier on in the year, the Independent Examiner's recommended modifications have been agreed as detailed in the Decision Statement.
A Referendum will be held on Thursday 15th September 2022 to ask voters "Do you want Wychavon District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Broadway to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?"
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement and Referendum:
- pdf Broadway NP Decision Statement June 2022.pdf (446 KB)
- pdf Broadway NDP Wychavon DC Note Background Explanation 28.6.22 (140 KB)
- pdf BPC agreed addendum with WDC July 2022.pdf (65 KB)
- pdf Broadway NDP Wychavon DC Addendum to Report - 28.6.22 (124 KB)
- document Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Information Statement (67 KB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version - 31.07.22 (17.14 MB)
Second Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 7 January to 18 February 2022
Following the submission of the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan on 5 July 2021, Wychavon District Council invited comments from individuals and organisations under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 from 23 July to 3 September 2021. Wychavon District Council appointed Edwards Cousins of Radcliffe Chambers, Lincoln’s Inn to conduct the Examination of the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan, with the Examination commencing in October 2021.
The Examiner raised concerns relating to the omission of a representation made to the Regulation 14 draft Broadway Neighbourhood Plan by Turley on behalf of Amber Retirement Living Limited from the Consultation Statement. As such, and in agreement with Broadway Parish Council, the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan and associated documentation was revised and Wychavon District Council conducted a second Regulation 16 consultation for a period of six weeks commencing on Friday 7 January 2022 and concluding at 5pm on Friday 18 February 2022.
To view the updated Broadway Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents, please follow the links below:
The Report of the Independent Examine, Edward Cousins, on the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan was received on Wednesday 1 June 2022”.
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version (revised December 2021) (18.68 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement and Appendices (revised December 2021) (10.58 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (June 2021) (807 KB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report (May 2021) (1.10 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Appendices (May 2021) (6.86 MB)
- pdf Statement from Broadway Parish Council (November 2021) (71 KB)
- pdf Broadway Parish Council's Response to Examiner's Note Point 4 (November 2021) (165 KB)
- pdf Statement from Kennel Lane Landowners Consortium (November 2021) (216 KB)
To view the responses to the second Regulation 16 consultation, please follow the links below:
- pdf 1 Fisher German for The Worcester Diocesan Board of Finance (807 KB)
- pdf 2 Peter Vaughan (436 KB)
- pdf 3 Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust (96 KB)
- pdf 4 Canal and Rivers Trust (100 KB)
- pdf 5 Margaret Battcher (983 KB)
- pdf 6 Natural England (43 KB)
- pdf 7 Environment Agency (790 KB)
- pdf 8 Gloucestershire County Council (1.04 MB)
- pdf 9 McLoughlin Planning for Mr C Houghton (483 KB)
- pdf 10 John and Christine Kennett (437 KB)
- pdf 11 Michael and Pamela Horton (57 KB)
- pdf 12 Mike and Debbie Barrington (454 KB)
- pdf 13 Avison Young for National Grid (112 KB)
- pdf 14 Ian Sanders (320 KB)
- pdf 15 Tim and Sue Plews (460 KB)
- pdf 16 Simon and Jo Williamson (447 KB)
- pdf 17 Savills for John Robbins (241 KB)
- pdf 18 Andrew and Jill Haslam (441 KB)
The Examination of the Broadway Neighbourhood Plan commenced in October 2021 and is being conducted by Edward Cousins of Radcliffe Chambers. Correspondence between the Examiner and the Councils (Wychavon District Council and Broadway Parish Council) is available below:
As a result of the issues raised by the Examiner, the Examination is being paused to allow for a second Regulation 16 consultation to be conducted, due to take place early in 2022.
Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 23 July to 3 September 2021
Under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Broadway Parish Council submitted its Neighbourhood Plan to Wychavon District Council on 5 July 2021. In accordance with Regulation 16, a public consultation was held from Friday 23 July to 5pm on Friday 3 September 2021, during which interested parties were invited to make comments on the submitted Broadway Neighbourhood Plan.
Broadway Parish Council undertook consultation on an earlier draft of their Neighbourhood Plan in September and October 2020. Comments made during this period helped inform changes made to the document submitted to Wychavon District Council. The Neighbourhood Plan proposes a number of policies on future housing and development, the built environment, the natural environment, the local economy and tourism, and the community.
It is the responsibility of Wychavon District Council to collate all responses to the Regulation 16 consultation and pass them on to an independent examiner, who will assess them and the Neighbourhood Plan documents to determine whether the Neighbourhood Plan meets the relevant legislation and should proceed to a Referendum.
To view the submitted Broadway Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents, please follow the links below:
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version (18.50 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (6.65 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement Appendices (7.70 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (807 KB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report (1.10 MB)
- pdf Broadway Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Appendices (6.86 MB)
To view the responses to the Regulation 16 consultation, please follow the links below:
- pdf 1 Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust (160 KB)
- pdf 2 Neil Hilton (586 KB)
- pdf 3 Environment Agency (125 KB)
- pdf 4 Anne Beddow (592 KB)
- pdf 5 A C Goodenough (433 KB)
- pdf 6 Severn Trent Water (463 KB)
- pdf 7 Broadway Museum (94 KB)
- pdf 8 Gloucestershire County Council Officer (714 KB)
- pdf 9 Kennel Lane Objection Group (400 KB)
- pdf 10 Worcestershire County Council - Sustainability Team (131 KB)
- pdf 11 Natural England (53 KB)
- pdf 12 Turley for Amber Retirement Living (1.72 MB)
- pdf 13 Pegasus Group for Greystoke Land (15.30 MB)
- pdf 14 JPPC for London and Regional Properties (229 KB)
- pdf 15 JPPC for North Cotswold Hunt (278 KB)
- pdf 16 JPPC for Steelcase Stratfor Pension Life Assurance Scheme (208 KB)
- pdf 17 Tim and Sue Plews (1.06 MB)
- pdf 18 RCA Regeneration for Rooftop Housing (357 KB)
- pdf 19 RCA Regeneration for Limes Development (274 KB)
- pdf 20 RCA Regeneration for Nikki Harrison (88 KB)
- pdf 21 Broadway Trust (160 KB)
- pdf 22 Barry Palmer (204 KB)
- pdf 23 Michael and Patricia Blanchard (639 KB)
- pdf 24 Avison Young for National Grid (113 KB)
- pdf 25 Wychavon District Council Officer (148 KB)
- pdf 26 Historic England (107 KB)
Draft Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 4 September to 16 October 2020
In accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Broadway Parish Council consulted on their draft Neighbourhood Plan from Friday 4 September to 5pm Friday 16 October 2020.
Neighbourhood Area Application - Approved 4 February 2014
Wychavon District Council received an application for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area by Broadway Parish Council on Wednesday 12 August 2013. The six week consultation ran from Tuesday 22 October until Monday 2 December 2013, and no objections were raised on the proposed neighbourhood area boundary. The Neighbourhood Area was subsequently approved by Executive Board on 4 February 2014.
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Broadway Neighbourhood Area application: