The Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017, which came into force on 16 April 2017, require Local Planning Authorities to prepare, maintain and publish registers of previously developed (brownfield) land. Brownfield land registers are intended to provide up-to-date and consistent information on sites that local authorities consider to be appropriate for residential development.
The Register can consist of two parts:
- part 1 is a list of all sites considered to be appropriate for residential development
- part 2 is made up of sites which have been taken forward from Part 1 of the Register and given Planning Permission in Principle (PIP)
The Council is required to publish Part 1 of its Register at least once per year.
In order for sites to be included in Part 1 of the Register, i.e. appropriate for residential development, they must meet the following criteria:
- the site must be classified as Previously Developed Land, as defined by the glossary to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)
- the site should be at least 0.25 hectares in size or capable of supporting at least 5 dwellings
- the land is suitable for residential development;
- the land is available for residential development
- residential development of the land is achievable within 15 years
Detailed guidance on brownfield land registers was published on 28 July 2017 through National Planning Practice Guidance (NPPG). The format of the brownfield land register is set out in the Brownfield Land Registers Data Standard published by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
The Brownfield Land Register Update for 2022 is set out in the link below. It includes amendments and new brownfield permissions/appeals granted/allowed between 01 December 2021 to 30 November 2022:
spreadsheet Wychavon Brownfield Land Register 2022 (Accessible Excel) (32 KB)
Permissioned sites can be viewed by following the link on the Register, you can then download the document you require.
Un permissioned sites that have been included on Wychavon District Council’s Brownfield Register can be viewed or downloaded in PDF format from the list below:
pdf WDCBLR/0001 - Garage, High Street, Pershore (362 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0002 - Garage Court, Abbots Road, Pershore (263 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0003 - Boxing Club, Kidderminster Road, Droitwich Spa (269 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0004 - Acre Lane, Droitwich Spa (308 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0005 - Willow Court, Westwood Road, Droitwich Spa (289 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0006 - Canal Basin (Netherwich), Droitwich Spa (274 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0008 - Land off Davies Road, (former leisure centre), Evesham (419 KB)
pdf WDCBLR/0022 - Land at Conderton Close, Conderton (3.11 MB)