Decision Statement Published and Referendum Date Set for 28 October 2021 – 10 September 2021
Following the examination of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan earlier on in the year, the Independent Examiner's recommended modifications have been agreed as detailed in the Decision Statement.
A Referendum will be held on Thursday 28 October 2021 to ask voters "Do you want Wychavon District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Norton-juxta-Kempsey to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?"
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement and Referendum:
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement (177 KB)
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version (6.76 MB)
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Information Statement (125 KB)
- pdf General Information on Town and Country Planning including Neighbourhood Planning and the Referendum (89 KB)
Examiner’s Report Received – 9 August 2021
The Report of the Independent Examiner, Christopher Collison of Planning and Management Ltd, on the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan was received on Monday 9 August 2021.
Neighbourhood Plan Examination
Wychavon District Council have appointed Chris Collison of Planning and Management Ltd to examine the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan.
Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 21 May to 2 July 2021
Under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council submitted its Neighbourhood Plan to Wychavon District Council on 14 April 2021. In accordance with Regulation 16, a public consultation is being held from Friday 21 May to 5pm on Friday 2 July 2021, during which interested parties were invited to make comments on the submitted Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Neighbourhood Plan.
Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council undertook consultation on an earlier draft of their Neighbourhood Plan in October and November 2020. Comments made during this period helped inform changes made to the document submitted to Wychavon District Council. The Neighbourhood Plan proposes a number of policies on the built and natural landscape, getting around, community facilities, employment and housing.
It was the responsibility of Wychavon District Council to collate all responses to the Regulation 16 consultation and pass them on to an independent examiner, who will assess them and the Neighbourhood Plan documents to determine whether the Neighbourhood Plan meets the relevant legislation and should proceed to a Referendum.
To view the submitted Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents, please follow the links below:
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version (5.54 MB)
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (4.96 MB)
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (4.84 MB)
- pdf Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan Green Space Background Paper (4.41 MB)
To view the responses to the Regulation 16 consultation, please follow the links below:
- pdf 1 The Coal Authority (218 KB)
- pdf 2 Network Rail (120 KB)
- pdf 3 Historic England (111 KB)
- pdf 4 Whittington Parish Council (89 KB)
- pdf 5 Savills for St. Modwen (9.54 MB)
- pdf 6 Natural England (54 KB)
- pdf 7 Worcestershire County Council (140 KB)
- pdf 8 Wychavon District Council (225 KB)
- pdf 9 Barton Willmore for IM Land (3.18 MB)
- pdf 10 Environment Agency (125 KB)
- pdf 11 Savills for The Spetchley Estate and Hallam Land Management (598 KB)
Draft Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 19 October to 30 November 2020
In accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council are consulting on their draft Neighbourhood Plan from Monday 19 October to Monday 30 November 2020.
Neighbourhood Area Application - Approved 11 January 2017
Wychavon District Council received an application for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area by Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council on 17 October 2016. The application followed the parish boundary where no designation already existed. The Neighbourhood Area was therefore approved by Gary Williams, Head of Planning and Infrastructure Services in consultation with Councillor Bradley Thomas, Portfolio Holder for Planning Policy on 11 January 2017.
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Area application.