Supplementary Planning Guidance and Documents
- Search For Applications
- Making A Planning Application
- Amending Your Planning Application
- Planning Application Forms
- Planning Weekly List
- Planning History Search
- Planning advice and guidance
- Heritage and Conservation
- Planning Policy
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Ashton under Hill Neighbourhood Plan
- Beckford Parish Neighbourhood Plan
- Bredon, Bredon’s Norton and Westmancote Neighbourhood Plan (Bredon Parish)
- Broadway Neighbourhood Plan
- Cleeve Prior Neighbourhood Plan
- Crowle Neighbourhood Plan
- Dodderhill Neighbourhood Plan
- Drakes Broughton and Wadborough with Pirton Neighbourhood Plan
- Droitwich Spa Neighbourhood Plan
- Eckington Neighbourhood Plan
- Elmley Castle, Bricklehampton and Netherton Neighbourhood Plan
- Harvington Neighbourhood Plan
- Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan
- Inkberrow Neighbourhood Plan
- North Claines Neighbourhood Plan
- Norton-juxta-Kempsey Neighbourhood Plan
- Ombersley and Doverdale Neighbourhood Plan
- Pebworth Parish Neighbourhood Plan
- Sedgeberrow Neighbourhood Plan
- South Lenches Neighbourhood Plan
- Whittington Neighbourhood Plan
- Hanbury Neighbourhood Plan
- Planning Policy Monitoring
- Supplementary Planning Guidance and Documents
- Brownfield Land Register
- Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Register
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Other Planning Services
- South Worcestershire Building Control
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Local Land Charges
- Planning Appeals
- Planning Committee and Meetings
- Planning Conditions
- Planning Enforcement
- Section 106 Obligations
- Street Naming and Numbering
- South Worcestershire Playing Pitch Strategy
- Appeal Inquiry
South Worcestershire Revised Developer Contributions SPD 2018
The South Worcestershire Playing Pitch Strategy presents an overall framework for the future provision of playing fields across South Worcestershire. It draws upon the issues identified within separate assessment reports for Malvern Hills District, Worcester City and Wychavon District and sets out the priorities for the delivery of playing pitches for football, rugby, cricket and hockey up to 2030.
The following report covers the Wychavon area and accompanies the Council's Playing Pitch Strategy. These documents together, developed using the up-to-date Sport England methodologies, provide the Council with a robust evidence base and set of strategic priorities to direct future sports planning policy and funding in the context of growth.
South Worcestershire Water Management and Flooding SPD
South Worcestershire Renewable and Low Carbon Energy SPD
South Worcestershire Design Guide SPD 2018
The Design Guide SPD was adopted on Monday 5th March 2018 and covers the local planning authorities of Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council (known collectively as the South Worcestershire Councils (SWC)).
The SPD provides additional guidance on how the SWDP design related policies should be interpreted, for example through the design and layout of new development and public spaces across south Worcestershire, and is consistent with the planning policies in the SWDP, in particular SWDP21 Design. It is aimed at built design professionals, e.g. architects, urban designers and developers but it will also be of relevance to anyone else with an interest in the delivery of quality residential design and public spaces.
South Worcestershire Planning for Health SPD 2017
Following public consultations earlier this year, the three south Worcestershire Councils (Malvern Hills District, Worcester City and Wychavon District) have now formally adopted the Planning for Health SPD, with effect from 20th September 2017.
The purpose of the Planning for Health SPD is to provide guidance to local authority planning officers, applicants, relevant organisations and the wider community on the planning and creation of healthier developments. Understanding the roles of the built and natural environments and their effect on health and wellbeing can help to improve people’s quality of life and provide a sustainable approach to the design and management of our environments. The SPD also aims to provide communities and organisations with information that supports and encourages positive action and participation to improve their health and wellbeing.
The SPD complements the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) and is intended to be used by planners, health professionals and applicants/agents/investors/developers in conjunction with the policies of the SWDP.
Adoption of the Wychavon Shop Front Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
Wychavon District Shop Front Design Guide Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD) (March 2017)
The aim of the SPD is to explain the vision for the design of shop fronts and signage, including the installation of signage, lighting and security measures to both traditional and contemporary shops and those located within rural and urban areas. As well as being applicable to retail units, the guidance will also apply to catering, financial and professional service businesses located within our historic shopping areas.
The Guide is designed to be used by business and property owners, architects and designers, Planning Officers and Inspectors, and will be predominantly relevant to those premises with a ground floor display window and/or fascia sign. The main towns of Wychavon benefit from Conservation Area designations within their central shopping areas, which place greater restrictions upon unacceptable forms of development. For this reason, we consider that more detailed and comprehensive guidance should be available for these areas.
South Worcestershire Affordable Housing SPD 2016
The South Worcestershire Councils adopted the South Worcestershire Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document on the 26th October 2016.
The Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document will help developers, land owners and others who hope to build affordable housing under policies outlined in the SWDP.
It supports the SWDP policies on new affordable housing and explains how these policies will be interpreted and implemented. It includes information on the amount, design, location and tenure of new affordable housing.
The publication of the revised NPPF in July 2018 has impacted upon the interpretation of the adopted Affordable Housing SPD, as detailed in the below document. Please note that the section and paragraph numbering used in this update is in accordance with the number in the original SPD.
- The Affordable Housing SPD, Consultation Statement, Adoption Statement and Note on the Changes to the South Worcestershire Affordable Housing SPD after revision of NPPF 2018
Please note, the below SPGs and SPDs are now defunct as they each relied upon on a policy of the now extinct Wychavon District Local Plan. They are therefore no longer material considerations in the determination of planning applications, however they can still be used as a source of information until they are updated in line with the SWDP. See SWDP consultations webpage for more information on consultation on emerging DPDs and SPDs.